Monday, March 25, 2013

Visualization Charts

Visualization Charts.. I first heard about them on one of those morning TV shows.. Someone was on the show saying basically to cut out pictures of what you wanted to accomplish and paste them onto a large poster board.. And what you want will come true.

So.. this is my take on things.. and you know what??-- it works for me!

I do them for Internet sales. Say I have 80 sales... then I might have a goal to get to 100... So, I would take scrap paper-- small pieces.. start at 81 and put little notes of encouragement on it.. like "you can do it!", and put a number on each small note-- counting to 100 with a little note sometimes even just a star or a heart.. or words like "almost there".  Then I would staple them together with the lowest number on the top of the pile. And tear them off as the sales come.

Recently I have been using the sticky notes on my PC. I have a countdown there with little notes to myself with each sale. Same idea, just a little different.

It just gives me a little encouragement. Most of the time I set a date for milestone numbers.. Like Mother's Day for 100, or Labor Day for 200 or whatever number you are looking for. I am realistic in my numbers. My goals are usually in increments of 50. I sorta know the amount of sales I can generally generate in a given time frame. And most of the time- I have beaten my own target date! And that is always fun.

Try it and let me know if it works for you!

4 comments:

  1. You mean if I put sticky notes all over my computer like maybe 500 of them I will get 500 sales. LOL! :) It is a good idea. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm impressed. Hmmmm I would like to sell a quilt. - 1, 1, 1, 1, 1, 1, 1, 1, 1, 1, . Teehee! I will wait until income tax day - then will make some more table runners if 1 doesn't happen!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I would love to try this! It seems like a great way to keep our positive energy up in regards to our business! How fantastic that this worked for you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nice idea! Thanks, I certainly will try to keep myself motivated as recently the motivation went down...very low... Glad to here those kind of arguments. Have a nice weekend!

    ReplyDelete