Saturday, November 3, 2012

New Items and My Thought Process

I got asked the other day about my process in making a "new" item.

Well-- new ideas just come to me...at the oddest times. Sometimes I will see something in wood- and know I can make something similar in fabric.

 Other times.. it is just by happenstance.. Like my snowmen on the spring. I had the springs just sitting there-- thinking that I would put a stuffed crow on them or something. I ignored them and started working on these stuffed snowmen I have been making for about 5 yrs.. and I put the snow head on top of the spring as a drying rack.. and Realized-- OMG__ it can be a snowman too. Because there is that theory out 'there' that ANYTHING can be a snowman.

 
(this is what I came up with)
 
Also, when I am planning in my head and on paper- do a google search to make sure I am not unintenially copying anyone. I do know there are similar.. but nothing exactly like mine. I do know that Great minds do think a like and it is feasible that someone across the state or country or in the next town, thinks like me.
 
I do keep a notebook by my bed and another by my PC and another in my sewing room-- you never know when you will think of something.
 
And I do have to say these Snows are good sellers for me.. so.. that is always nice.
 
How do you come up with new ideas? Anything thoughts to share?
 
Happy Crafting!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment