I asked her some questions and this is what she had to say:
My mom first taught me to crochet about a hundred years ago, OK maybe 35 years....but
1. The first item that I made and (kind of) sold was a scarf, made in SU colors to my husbands Aunt "T". She came to my house for a visit one day, saw my finished product, and just had to have it. She wrote out a check, (for much more than I would EVER charge) and made me take it. The next day, I sent her a "thank you for getting me motivated" card, along with her check BACK TO HER..... and I've been going strong ever since!
2. I love all YARN. I can spend hours in yarn stores just looking at (and feeling) all of the textures and mixtures out there now! HOURS!
3. I am a quiet person. I keep much to myself, no not get much into this "social networking" stuff. I have a perfect family, small circle of great friends, I love my craft, and greatful that my hands are still working. I would love to carry the tradition of this craft onto the next generation, but I fear that these traditions are a dying art!
4. CindyStyles is a name my husband came up with. Just a cute little catchy (I thought) way to summarize what I do. I consider myself a "general" crafter.
5. I love the rainbow colored items that I have in my shop. They are really fun, and the photos do not do them justice. I have several pieces that I wear to various places (my hubby is a former dead head) so when I wear them, I always get compliments, and some sales too! I also love the mohair vintage off-white victorian pieces.... they are very soft and they make me feel "girly" when I wear them. My dish towel/cloths are also handy, but not very "girly". They also are fun to give as gifts.
Cindy didn't give me any links to her items-- so, I went looking on my own.
rainbow sparkle hair clip
I chose what I think Cindy was talking about and added ones that I really like too. I really like her whole shop!
Cindy is not big into the internet.. But she does need followers to her Etsy shop--CindyStyles and she needs to be added to circles too. Please make sure to help her out!
Thanks for reading today!