Wednesday, January 18, 2012

Pinterest...Another Networking Tool

Well, here is another "networking" tool. Pinterest   And I have to tell you how addicting and fun it is!
OMG... it is like creating treasuries about anything that you like- anywhere on the net. I just started this a couple of days ago and I am up to 30 boards. Everything I can think of gets a new board (or subject).Things like Gates ( who doesn't love an old castle gate?) or Bridges.. I go wandering on Etsy and find pictures of things I like, But I also go to Google images and bookstores and all sorts of places.

And of course you follow and get followers. And you can take pictures from others boards and put them on your own. And you can promote your own Etsy shop too!

To join up- you have to get an invite...they can invite you, but it takes (I hear) 2 wks OR you can ask someone who is already there to invite you- and get right on. You can sign up with your name or your business name as I did. I want my brand to be about my business and not really me.

Come find me and join in the fun! www.pinterest.com/homespunloft

7 comments:

  1. I love this site also. It is addicting and it is fun to see how many followers I get and how many people repin my items.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've resisted this because of the time that I believe that I would waste. I am on other sites and they seem to be working for me and my biz. but I will think about it. Thanks for the info.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I also love pinterest, you can find so much, almost every thing I have on my boards are things I see on etsy I will look you up on there.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love Pinterest too, but I try not to pin or repin more than 20 photos at one sitting. Now I can say I'm not spending all my time on Pinterest! ;0)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I like that idea-- 20 seems to be a good cut-off. Sometimes I am there an hour! thanks.

      Delete
  5. Popping in to say "Hi" from Etsy's Stitchery Blog post!
    Dede

    ReplyDelete
  6. Popping in to say "Hi" from Etsy's Stitchery team's New Blog Post!
    Dede

    ReplyDelete