Thursday, December 1, 2011

December Thoughts

I decided that I was doing myself a disservice on Etsy. I have some flannel fabric that would make great pillow cases and I just did not have the time to actually make them.. so I listed 4 pieces for sale any way and said that I would make them as soon as they were paid for. That sounds good. But while they get lots of hits- they just sit there. The pillow cases that I had actually made-- have sold.

So, tonight I deactivated them- until I get them really made. One of the teams I belong to... they talk about how some of them just do not have any sales. I checked out their shops and found that they have done what I did-- they say they have items for sale- but not really- they also say they will make them up when paid and they need X amount of days to make them in. And yet no one buys their items.

And when I am shopping- I want things that are made. I want to see what they look like made.. I Don't want to be told -- this is the fabric-- but the placement of the flowers, cats etc may be different. I want to know exactly what I am buying. So, why do I expect less from my own customers?

I find that these days I get a lot of convos asking me if the item in my picture is what is for sale. So, I have now added a note into most of my sales. "What you see is what you get".
So, I guess there are a lot of us out there doing this. From now on--the only items in my shop- are items that are actually made. No more of this making when paid for- because we are a society of We Want It Nows. I get it.

1 comment:

  1. Yes, I would like to see the completed products of any kinds before I make purchase.
    You made a right decision:)

    I'm your new follower who just followed your another blog and came from Etsy team "Bloggers and Readers"

    ReplyDelete