Wednesday, August 3, 2011

Cricut Fun

Well-- I did it... There was a sale on Cricut's and I got one. Basically because I wanted a cling for my car in my business name and the 3 people I asked to make me one-- just never did. They said they would, took down the information and months went by and they never came up with one- even tho I told them I would pay for it. So.... I bought one- Well Technically... My DH decided-- with eyes lit up-- that he would LOVE to get it for my upcoming birthday. And I said fine- it is a great gift and I have it now.

My sister-in-law has one and has since they came out and she is my expert here. So phone calls back and forth and now I am well versed on cartridges and their prices. And tonight I won my first one on eBay! And I am bidding on more. There is no comparison in price with eBay and with local stores or even online sales. With the ebay ones-- Last night I bid on 10 of them and lost each auction. Tonight I raised my final bid by 5 dollars and won. I am learning the game. There are hundreds of  brand new cartridges for sale there. One ending every couple of minutes. So, here I sit waiting for my sales to end and hope I can win again. (and very thankful that I have Fios for those last second bids!).

So, now I have orders to make others their own window clings... But first I have to figure it all out. Will be playing with this over the weekend. (I will post a pic when I have it done and get your thoughts). I am discovering all the other fun things I can do with it.  (I am not really into scrapbooking even tho I own a ton of scrapbooking papers!). I did find out that I can use it with fabric-- so I am excited to try that!

Do you have a Cricut? What do you make with it that you can share? Do you have any tips that would help me and other Newbies? Any good web sites for ideas? Thanks!

No comments:

Post a Comment