Saturday, January 29, 2011

Disturbing Finds on Etsy

I have to say I absolutely love Etsy. But I am thinking that not many of you who have Etsy shops realize that anything goes when it comes to naming your shop or selling things. Try going to search and putting in the most obscene term you can think of-- and you will probably find a shop with that word in it's name.

And even better-- you can look for anything that is made using those words.. Words that are not said in polite society. Words that you might utter when you slam your hand in a car door..but would never think to say in front of  your mother, no matter how old you are. It is quite eye opening.

I guess I am disappointed that for a web site trying to be the latest best thing out there- has let a few people make it less. I am not big on censorship, but maybe in this case I am. I guess I would have thought their standards were higher than this. They should be. Not much I can do about it, but I can complain here. I can't police Etsy, But shame on them.

PS: (Yes, I know you can filter out adult content-- this is not about that)

4 comments:

  1. that is really sad. what is wrong with people to do that?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for dropping by my blog. I'm looking forward to getting to know more of the Team members as time rolls on. I love your fabric usage countdown on the sidebar. We could probably all do some version of this to keep us on the straight and narrow. (LOL)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Found you on the fabulous new Blogging teams and following! :)

    Warmly,
    Tiffany with Will Write 4 Food

    --Blog--
    http://tiffanywillwrite4food.blogspot.com

    --Home & Portfolio--
    http://tiffanywillwrite4food.weebly.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ι have read sо manу artiсles concerning the
    blogger lovers but this piece of writing is аctually а pleasant post, keep it up.
    My page > dreams mean

    ReplyDelete